I run this blog to maintain an account of the many books I've read and, to hopefully, inspire my fellow readers to discover some new books that they otherwise wouldn't have picked up off the shelf (or clicked 'buy now').
My tastes are eclectic, as such you'll find a mixture of crime, noir (the preferred genre of this reader), horror, fantasy, historical fiction.
You can find me discussing books here:
Most of the books reviewed on my blog are purchased by me or are loaned from the very good South Australian library catalogue.
I accept books for review from publishers and authors, but please note the following:
- This blog is maintained exclusively by me and has no affiliation to any publishers or individuals involved in the industry.
- This blog is a hobby - I don't consider myself a 'professional reviewer', any mistakes or misinterpretations are mine alone.
- I am based in Australia, print copies for review will need to be posted to South Australia.
- I do not provide advance drafts of my review to publishers or authors.
- ARC's provided to me will not be sold - I tend to hoard my books, rest assured it'll be safely stowed away in my personal library or kindle for personal reading only.
- If I accept a book to review, there may be instances where the review posted wont be entirely positive - so please be aware of this. I value each authors hard and dedicated work and will generally put a positive spin on a review but there will be the odd one here and there that just doesn't connect with me.
- If I accept a book to review I will endeavor to post a review as soon as I can, but sometimes there will be a delay. Again, this is just a hobby of mine (a rather obsessive and all consuming hobby nonetheless).
- Lastly, if you're an Aussie published author (or about to be published), feel free to send me your work to review - I love to spread the word of our local talent.
- Provide me with author links to your site, publisher, book (where to buy) when requesting a review - I'll add the links at the end of the review.
The best way to contact me is via twitter Direct Message (DM) or Goodreads mail. Alternatively you can leave a comment on the blog and I'll get back to you. I plan on setting up an email directly relating to this blog at some stage.
Currently Not Accepting
- Paranormal Suspense
- Self Published
- Manuscripts / draft works
- Weird/bizarre niche fiction